Saturday, September 6, 2008

Meters, tickets and quarters, oh my!

Well, Mr. Incredible, though his incredibility has been in question, spent a good portion of yesterday paying parking tickets. I can't even bring myself to post the total amount of $$ spent on his tardiness, because if I see it in writing, I might pass out or run away.

In light of today's, and the ongoing, ticket fiasco, I gleefully loaded my car with quarters before driving with an expired license (thank you Jack for playing with my wallet, otherwise I never would have known) to brookline. usually i take storrow to 93, but that mostly just ends up annoying me for one reason or another and i always vow "next time!" i'll go by way of alewife. today, i remembered. ahhhh, a nice pleasant and less congested route to brookline. *highlight, far fewer blocks littered with bu students who can't read walk/don't walk signs* i drive to coolidge corner with minimal hassle and have an overall good feeling about my trip. pass the cake store where i'm meeting mom, take a right, ooooh look at this, some guy is getting in his car. wow, what a great spot. look to the right, see any meters? yup. great! he backs up and drives away (with his NY license plate) and i pull in. i triumphantly toss 2.5 hours worth of quarters in the meter at 4:15. meters turn off at 6, but again, i wanted to be safe and i had sooooo many quarters. i grab jack and we go. after a dramatic trip to the cake store, stop for pizza, hit the playground and wrap it up with an ice cream cone. we take a lovely stroll to the car in the nice breeze and i load jack up. my mom walks off to her car to get beer for the party tomorrow. as i walk around the car i notice something on the windshield. surely someone must have left a flyer, for all the quarters it couldn't be a ticket. i grab it. it's a ticket. i look at the time the ticket was written. 4:45. WHAT! i walk over to the meter which, at 7, still has time in it. And that's when i realized it. i had mistaken a meter in the opposing parking lot, for the meter for my spot. which was actually, not in fact, a spot.
$25.
the wasted quarters.
they should give pregnant women handicap stickers.

No comments:

Search This Blog