Sunday, August 9, 2009

Mr. FluffyPants


This is what we call Jack, now that we have transitioned from diapers to the Happy Heiny's Training Pants. I was so sick of buying diapers, and with Jack no where close to being night trained, I bit the bullet, and bought the pants.

After a quick hot wash cycle, they were ready to go last night. I wish I could have taken a night vision picture of the face Jack had when we put them on. The biggest grin ever. This morning when he woke up he said he loved sleeping in his plundies (he invented this word, because they are hybrid pull-up/undies) and that they felt so soft, and not papery like the diapers.

So I'm done! No more diapers! Ever! I can't even express how good it feels. It got to a point where I felt like I was buying trash.



We are starting with 3 of the trainers, just to see how that fits in with our current diaper washing schedule, and may get 2 more, just so we always have a little wiggle room. Also, they come with or without snaps on the side. For us, snaps was the better choice. Jack is an incredibly deep sleeper and, although very rare, will sometimes poop in his nighttime diaper. I figured
unsnapping the training pants would be easier than pulling
them down, and getting poop everywhere.

Also, a tip for cloth diapering moms: get a good wet bag!!!! I was suckered in by Isis Maternity! They of course only sell one kind of wet bag and it totally sucks. While visiting the diaperLab in Somerville, I mentioned my wet bag woes. When I told her what brand I was using, she shook her head, and said that they were known for retaining smell. Ugh! I got a good wetbag, and LOVE it. I'll report back on stink, but it seems lovely, and I loved the honesty I got at the diaperLab.




No comments:

Search This Blog