Monday, April 20, 2009

Look Ma! I'm one of the cool kids.

Man, peer pressure is a bitch. My kid had to have the latest in exersaucers. No longer a saucer, but a hybrid toy that looks like a johnny jump up did it with an exersaucer. It's plastic heaven. And thanks to friend Jen, we got it for a great deal off of craigslist.

I really love buying used. It was at first out of necessity, pinching pennies and all that. But now I get a real kick out of doing everything we can to reduce our footprint a bit.


And then there was Sophie. All the rage among parents of infants. Chubby, little hands that glisten with drool, wrap their little fingers, daintily, around Sophie's (the giraffe) neck. And sweet, patient Sophie only utters a darling squeek, much like that of a dog toy. I kid you not. My child, be without Sophie?! Never! And our toy-fairy godmother must have heard Leo's darling little pleas in his sweetest of dreams. Please, please could I have a Sophie too? (insert millions of thanks to Laura here)

He's got a bumbo too, which Jack never had. And to be honest, I don't know how Jack ever learned how to sit up. Ah, sarcasm doesn't read well I suppose. But it was only $14 off of craigslist, so if he hates it, it's not a total bust right?!

Didn't cave babies just bang rocks and sticks together?

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love the thrill of a great item bought on sale/clearance/CL/cheap! Ahh...we bought our jumperoo off of CL too.

And of course, Leo is so handsome. As is Jack.

Search This Blog