Tuesday, May 5, 2009

KiwiPie Review: Part 1



Come along with me on my journey through cloth diapering.

As I've said before, I used BumGenius diapers with my first, and am now using them with Leo. I am totally smitten for cloth. I adore it's soft embrace on my baby's deliciously chunky booty. But fortunately (or unfortunately perhaps for my bank account) I have a good friend who dared to go beyond the BumGenius diapers and ventured into a world of the unknown. And damnit, she brought me along with her. So, I discovered KiwiPie diapers. And I think I'm in love.

So, let's break it down. Facts about KiwiPies: One size diaper. Bamboo. Fantastic. Covers required.

Thoughts: It was strange going from the BG's which are pocket diapers, to the KiwiPie's. They require a cover, but I just wanted to stare at Leo in his awesome diaper, so the first time I didn't use a cover. He wore it for about 1.5 hours and then needed a change, or so I thought. Consulted my personal diaper guru. Covers give you more time! Duh. The thing about KP's is, they are the insert. Lucky for me, I had some ProRap covers from diapering Jack. When I used the cover with the next KP, I got a good 2 hours out of it.

What I like: They are so incredibly soft. I wish there was a way I could have you feel them, because wow. I also like that I pretty much use one cover throughout the day, while just alternating the KP's. They are easier to maintain than the BG's because there is less fear I will disrupt proper absorption with detergent buildup or ruin the PUL. One last thing, they are SO trim. They are certainly no more bulky than the BG's.

What I'm still learning: Will these perform as well at night as the BG's? My BG's are still my go to diaper for a long period of time. But, I have only used the KP's for one day. And I am jonesing for more.

(and by the way, real men wear pink. woof.)

No comments:

Search This Blog